Re: An Idea for FC4

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:17:56AM -0500, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:

> The client computers can "see" the printer when I am ready to print

So in other words, it's already automatically detected the remote
printer..

> but for some reason, I guess that the print jobs are stuck in the
> queue and will not print.

This sounds more like a problem on the server side to me.

> Also, I have firewalls installed by default (SELinux, for
> example).

Well, SELinux isn't a firewall, but presuming you have the default
firewall installed that's what you need to change.  You need to allow
inbound TCP port 631 packets on the server.

You also need to configure the queue on the server to be remotely
available, if you haven't done that already (but it sounds as though
you  might have).

Tim.
*/