Re: kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

Neal Becker wrote:

I can not only confirm this, but even removing rhgb isn't enough.  It later says:
starting cups...

and just hangs there.

Going back to 2096 it boots fine.

i have problem similar problems with 2107_FC5 (smp) also. removing rhgb/quiet gets me past the graphical boot hang (which i don't have with 2096).

however, I then have problem where browser running on the machine can't connected to (apache) httpd running on the same machine ... as well as the problem with cups printing.

dropping back to 2096 and standard graphical boot works, no problem with browser getting response from httpd and no problem with printing.