Re: kernel 2.6.16-1.2107_FC5 breaks graphical boot (and cups and httpd)

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Anne & Lynn Wheeler wrote:

Neal Becker wrote:

i have problem similar problems with 2107_FC5 (smp) also. removing rhgb/quiet gets me past the graphical boot hang (which i don't have with 2096).

however, I then have problem where browser running on the machine can't connected to (apache) httpd running on the same machine ... as well as the problem with cups printing.

dropping back to 2096 and standard graphical boot works, no problem with browser getting response from httpd and no problem with printing.

I can confirm users complaining about problems with http and php running on this kernel. There is something really strange around...

Adam Pribyl