Re: [OT] ssh tunnels? use -R

Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
Somewhat OT but I haven't been able to help myself with SSH Tunneling;
please excuse.

What syntax should I use to be able to forward an SSH tunnel between
two servers -- I want to have a console login banner available from my
work machine on my home machine;  I have access to ssh to my home
machine from work but not the reverse.
Make sure you leave home machine on when you go to work.
work# ssh -R 55022:localhost:22 me homepc
and pw.
>go home :)
home# ssh -p 55022 me localhost

Now you just need to adjust the sshd.conf so that it won't time out before you get home ;)

DaveT.