RE: [OT] ssh tunnels? use -R

> Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> > Somewhat OT but I haven't been able to help myself with SSH
> Tunneling;
> > please excuse.
> >
> > What syntax should I use to be able to forward an SSH tunnel between
> > two servers -- I want to have a console login banner
> available from my
> > work machine on my home machine;  I have access to ssh to my home
> > machine from work but not the reverse.
> Make sure you leave home machine on when you go to work.
> work# ssh -R 55022:localhost:22 me homepc
> and pw.
>  >go home :)
> home# ssh -p 55022 me localhost
>
> Now you just need to adjust the sshd.conf so that it won't time out
> before you get home ;)

 nohup ssh  -R 55022:localhost:22 -N -f me homepc &

will make the ssh connection stand alone after you log
off.  Actually, I wrote a program which runs off of
cron which keeps such a connection up.
http://www.styma.org/SunAtHome/RollYourOwnVPN.html
has a download of the source to the program.  (C code)
Bob Styma