Re: rawhide report: 20060519 changes

On Fri, 19 May 2006 12:26:21 -0400, Build System wrote:

> gdm-1:2.15.3-1
> --------------
> * Wed May 17 2006 Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>> - 1:2.15.3-1
> - Update to 2.15.3

I had to revert back to gdm-2.15.0-1 in order to log in.  After rhgb, it
would continue banging on the hard drive, but no new X session for gdm.

Removing rhgb from the boot options, gdm displayed but no cursor in the
id prompt and the hard drive having constant activity (flickering LED).
I could switch to a console, but I couldn't even login with this version
of gdm installed (after providing the user name and password, I just got
another login prompt).

Booting as a single user, I changed inittab to not start X.  I then
reinstalled the previous version of gdm that I had.

This should teach me to not install new development software just before I
hit the road.  But somehow, I don't think it has.  :-)

	-Paul