Re: Repeated failures trying to update glibc using yum/rpm

On 5/23/06, Art Haas <ahaas airmail net> wrote:
My question is just how is everyone else managing to get the last couple
of glibc updates installed? Is there an option or set of options needed
to make RPM skip the check where the assertion fails? Are people using
some other program to do the installation, or perhaps built their own
RPM binary and been using that?

Basically:  You have to tip toe around them; but FWIW I haven't gotten
all of them updated yet either.

Seriously:  Some of them you have to uninstall and then install the
dependencies, then reinstall.

A humorous reply:  That's why it's called the development branch -- we
be developing a way to get around stuff =)

LOL :-D
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/