Re: Synaptic and apt problems...

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Kim Lux wrote:

I was updating my fc4 installation with synaptic when I lost my Internet
connection.  Now I get the error below when I run synaptic.  I rebuilt
synaptic from the latest source rpm with no change in the symptoms.

I also get a hung process when I run 'apt-get --reinstall install glibc'

If any rpmlib application crashes or is killed with -9 you need to do
'rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__*', otherwise rpm operations will hang.

How do I fix this problem ?

Thanks.

# synaptic
synaptic: Symbol `_ZTV16pkgAcquireStatus' has different size in shared
object, c
onsider re-linking

The Synaptic package in FC4 Extras is out of date, the new build is sitting in buildsys needsign queue at the moment.

	- Panu -