Re: firefox java plugins

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 08:09 -0700, David wrote:
> I'm using firefox in f8t3 and trying to view web pages with java.
> I was hoping the plugin would be installed by default or install easily,
> but I'm having problems. Is the new icedtea stuff supposed to enable
> java support in firefox, or do I still need to install something from Sun?
> If I have to install Sun stuff, is there a documented procedure for f8?

You'll need the icedtea browser plugin - the package is called
java-1.7.0-icedtea-plugin. It should be installed by default. Check
"about:plugins" in Firefox to confirm.

Note that it's not 100% compatible with the Sun plugin yet, but it's
close. One big missing thing appears to be sound - see here for details:
http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Here's an example java game that works:
http://www.lalena.com/games/Pyramid.aspx

Hope that helps,