Re: latest update breaks a MadWifi snapshot

Steven I Usdansky wrote:
--- On Wed, 7/2/08, Scott Robbins <scottro nyc rr com> wrote:

From: Scott Robbins <scottro nyc rr com>
Subject: latest update breaks a MadWifi snapshot
To: fedora-test-list redhat com
Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 9:47 PM
I'm simply not sure where to report this.

Sam Leffler made a snapshot for MadWifi that supports the
(in)famous
AR5007EG card.  The latest snapshot, from June, now
supports 64 bit as
well.
Livna-testing even has an rpm for it (for Fedora 9, the rpm
isn't built
against the Rawhide kernels).

Ubuntu's Intrepid also broke it, though someone
submitted a patch for
that. I'm wondering if, especially as the Rawhide kernels
change so rapidly,
if this would merit a RedHat report, MadWifi report or
perhaps an email
to Mr. Leffler as these later kernels in Ubuntu's alpha
and Fedora's
rawhide both break it. (The error is in compiling the driver.)
It works with every non-alpha distribution that I've
tried and heard
about.
Thanks for any input.  I haven't seen any other mention
of this error on
the MadWifi site, or even on google, so perhaps I'm the
lucky first.
(It's a different error than the one found in the
Ubuntu alpha.)

What's the error? Perhaps related to http://madwifi.org/ticket/2022 ?

If you updated your kernel, and rebooted to a new kernel then your going to have to recompile madwifi.
I get all my hardware running then I don't update my kernel anymore.