Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> 3) better definition of a truly bare-bones server install

I support this one.

Why must I waste min 64 megs ram on an old gateway box, I like the idea of
able to bare bones install on 32 megs ram or less, i have a 486 gw box
ran for years, no need to upgrade it for what it does, still runs a VERY
ancient version of RH because it has 8 megs ram and nothing since rh6 will
install, to put a modern OS on it i could put slackware, but why
slackware, when RH should do this as it used to, a text install should
use SFA as it doesnt need gui..