Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 15:15, Michael K. Johnson wrote:
> http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/
>
>     No dates set yet, but a driving goal or defining characteristic will
>     be the 2.6 Linux kernel -- unless the 2.6 Linux kernel takes too
>     long to arrive. That is, we'll shorten the schedule to accomodate an
>     earlier release of the 2.6 kernel, but not lengthen it to accomodate
>     a later release of the 2.6 kernel.
>
> 2.6 is looking good.  There's a lot of integration work to do, though.
>
> However, that won't be the ONLY feature of Fedora Core 2.  I'd like to
> hear people's wishlists.  Not everything will be possible, but it would
> be nice to have a good list from which to pick the possibilities, and
> from which to also pick ideas later for Fedora Core 3.
>
> FWIW, one thing that we're not likely to do is just push the schedule
> out by a week for project foo, another week for project bar, etc. ad
> nauseum.
>
> michaelkjohnson

Ooh wishlist time :)

1. Inclusion of speex so it can be made use of in Gnome Meeting and
   leveraged in other applications e.g. accessibility and games etc.

2. Inclusion of valgrind - A very useful dev tool!

3. Inclusion of Sweep or equally good simple audio editor.

4. Removal of KDE. Ok, this ain't likely, but I'd personally like to
   see it go in favour of making the distro richer tool wise and still 3
   binary CD's.

5. Inclusion of Theora etc. etc. :) Maybe not for FC2, but FC really
   needs video support and tools.

6. Inclusion of the Anjuta IDE.

Regards

Philip Wyett