Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Michael K. Johnson wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:05:56PM +0100, Jaap Haitsma wrote:

Michael K. Johnson wrote:

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 07:48:30PM +0100, Jaap Haitsma wrote:

I've been suffering from RSI quite badly some years ago, a.o. a program like workrave helped me controlling the problem. I think every desktop should include one even if it only is to prevent RSI.

Menu -> Preferences -> Keyboard -> Typing Break

michaelkjohnson

I know this option but it's far to simple. AFAIK it doesn't adapt if you take a break your self. WorkRave really measures your activity and forces you to have small micro breaks if your mousing or typing. If you are reading it doesn't stop you.

So this, in opinion, would be a place to take up the discussion of
enhancing GNOME's included support, rather than having lots of
different tools that try, with varying amounts of success, to do
the same job.

Why bother redoing so much work (unless you like getting RSI ;-) )when there is already a good alternative, which has the advantage that you can also use it under KDE. (OK I admit you need GTK libraries installed for that)

What do you think of including WorkRave in Gnome 2.5 or later somewhere down the line? There are all kind of accesibility features for people with physical problems. I guess a good RSI program complements these tools nicely.

Jaap