Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 03:48, seth vidal wrote:
> > On a minimal install, why is this transaction so large that it
> > still needs at least 64MB ?
>
> doing the dependency calculations raise the transaction set size when
> you're testing.
>
> I think it has to do with expanding the headers in the ts. I'm not
> completely sure..

Python + rpm-python probably cause some significant memory overhead. For
a full upgradeset from RHL 9 -> FC1 apt topped at somewhere around 70MB
memory usage (very unscientific method of watching top used to measure),
yum grew to over 100MB, put anaconda on top of that and ... you're in
serious trouble on a 32MB box.

But again for a minimal system with ~100 packages instead of hundreds of
packages..

	- Panu -