Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

On 6:10:39 am 12/09/03 Matthias Saou <thias spam spam spam spam spam spam spam egg and spam freshrpms net> wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote :
>
> >  On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 10:44:41AM -0500, Jef Spaleta wrote:
> > >  1) an easy-bake config tool for basic amanda server/client setup
> > >  including easy-bake configuration of backup to harddrives.
> >
> >  Backup tools I second. The three configuration items above all others
> >  I've seen are
> >      -    "masquerade" button on redhat-config-network
> >      -    backup tool
> >      -    dhcpd configuration
> >
> >  I'm interested what tools other people find are lacking there ?
>
> Something I really miss : An LDAP server configuration utility. LDAP is
> great, but currently implementing it is a nightmare, and maintaining it
> too, even for typical simple implementations. Tools like
> directory_administrator or gq just aren't suitable for most situations.

I haven't looked at lam, but RH already ship "libuser" that has the commands:

/usr/sbin/luser(add:mod:del)
/usr/sbin/lgroup(add:mod:del)

They are supposed to allow command line LDAP directory using tools with the
same syntax as the standard 'useradd' etc.

At one point libuser was buggy, but AFAIK patches got submitted that
cleaned it up.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs