Re: Change default MTA was Re: Fedora Core 2 wishlists

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 14:35, Chris Ricker wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Ronny Buchmann wrote:
> > But the important thing when doing this switch, is abandoning
> > /var/spool/mail and using $HOME/Maildir by default (with the mail clients
> > accordingly configured).
> >
> > /var/spool/mail (and mbox files in general) are even a bigger nightmare
> > than sendmail.
>
> Maildir by default is a no-go, IMO
May I ask why?

The only problem I see is clients defaulting to the old style. But that's only
a question of proper configuration. Ok, mozilla doesn't support Maildir currently,
but then it's time to arrive in the 21st century.

/var/spool/mail and the 1000 ways of doing locking differently is totally brain-damaged.

--
ronny