Automatically bringing ethernet interfaces up when the cable is connected(Fedora Core 2 Wishlists)

Hi,

I apologize if this was already mentioned in Fedora Core 2 Wislists thread but going trough 200 mails a day of which the subject line does not really indicate if I'm interested in reading them, was a bit daunting. Furthermore the search feature on the archives doesn't work at the moment.

I would like to see that a network interface is automatically "ifupped" when a cable gets connected and "ifdowned" if it is disconnected.
If network interfaces are then default configured with DHCP and DNS via DHCP, networking will work for most people straight out of the box.
And for users of the other OS will be the expected behaviour

Jaap