Re: Automatically bringing ethernet interfaces up when the cableis connected (Fedora Core 2 Wishlists)

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 08:26, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I apologize if this was already mentioned in Fedora Core 2 Wislists
> thread but going trough 200 mails a day of which the subject line does
> not really indicate if I'm interested in reading them, was a bit
> daunting. Furthermore the search feature on the archives doesn't work at
> the moment.
>
> I would like to see that a network interface is automatically "ifupped"
> when a cable gets connected and "ifdowned" if it is disconnected.
> If network interfaces are then default configured with DHCP and DNS via
> DHCP, networking will work for most people straight out of the box.
> And for users of the other OS will be the expected behaviour

Also it would be interesting to have something like this for wireless
networks. Maybe something like waproamd (haven't tried it yet, just
found out about it while reading about netplug and ifplugd) so it would
configure the wireless card depending on which AP it connects to.

Jean-Rene Cormier