Re: core 1 iso2 md5sum not matching

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:44:53 -0500, Stan Bubrouski wrote:

> Then offer him up the one you use so we can take advanatage as well :P

One reason why I never recommend a public rsync server is, that e.g. users
who download all three ISO images from it, block one of the few public
slots for a long time. Often public rsync servers are limited to 10
connections. Google finds many lists of non-secret FTP/HTTP mirror sites,
which often also provide rsync service. There are even lists which cover
rsync servers. I usually fetch large files via FTP/HTTP and "fix" them
with rsync in case the MD5 checksum didn't match. If the rsync client
downloaded the complete file (my default options are -aPvvv) instead of
just the non-matching pieces, I wouldn't see an awesome speedup.