Re: MAS is finally added to freedesktop.org!!

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 10:28:27AM -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Alan, is this still true?  I've been always about why specifically these
> quotes were there.  (Yes it seems to me that esd has always been
> problematic, and I am equally unhappy about arts, but I don't know
> anything about the technical reasons.)

esd has (or had at least - I've not looked for a long time) big problems with
how it processed audio. It has very bad mixing and rate adaption code for example
which can be problematic. It also has no synchronization API with X11 and no
good general synchronization facility.

Technically artsd is much better in these areas at least.

Alan