Re: some changes for (slightly) faster boot

> Jeff Spaleta (jspaleta gmail com) said:
> > >   This allows hardware probing to be done only once; the specifics of
> > >   where/how kudzu is run in this setup may be tweaked slightly - the
> > >   initscript may be moved. kudzu also runs without interaction
> > >   now, and just does the configuration of whatever it finds.
> >
> > Does this mean kudzu will remove and unconfigure whatever it doesnt
> > find without interaction  as well?
>
> Yes. Hence, a large shaking out period.

Not good for many situations. For example:

Currently my wireless NIC (Intel 2200BG) uses a out-of-kernel driver.

Whenever Fedora releases an updated kernel and I reboot kudzu wants to
remove my wireless NIC as I haven't recompiled my driver yet.

I DO NOT want kudzu removing the configuration (very very long WEP keys,
and other hand entered wireless settings).

The behavior, as described, is unacceptable IMHO.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs