Re: some changes for (slightly) faster boot

Eli (retracile gmail com) said:
> > Its definitely not right, it needs to keep the stuff.
>
> Definitely.  I have a Toshiba notebook that seems to detect a different video
> card about the time I upgrade the kernel...  and then sets the resolution to
> 800x600, despite this being a 1024x768 screen.

OK, I believe this is because when s-c-display is told to change the
card, it tries to probe for the monitor too, and if that fails,
it defaults to something generic.

This can be solved by:

a) only changing the card
b) fixing X to do something sane with the monitor definition

Bill