NetworkManager borks at my wlan card...

I am using a laptop where i have one wired ethernet interface (eth0),
and an adm8211 cardbus WLAN interface (eth1) - which is correctly set up
by kudzu as a wlan interface. It all works - as long as i disable
NetworkManager (netplugd works)...

If i start the NetworkManager service, the whole computer seems to
freeze about one secound, and then its fine for about a secound...
Something which makes the laptop unusable. "top" shows "NetworkManager"
running with 50% CPU. Hmm.. I smell a bug...

I also can't find any way to start that nifty little tray applet...

Kyrre