Re: Stand-alone kernel module packages now in rawhide.. the dawn of a new era

--On Friday, January 07, 2005 4:20 PM -0500 Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta gmail com> wrote:

 I think we would all benefit if there was a discussion about a
consistent way to handle kernel-module packages inside and outside
Core.

This sounds like it would be nice for supporting "experimental" features. I've been wanting to try some of the interesting and more esoteric iptables modules that won't make it into the upstream kernel, such as U32 (classification) and TARPIT (disposition), and it seems like they'd be good candidates for this kind of packaging. (The userspace part already supports dynamic loading of modules.)