Re: Stand-alone kernel module packages now in rawhide.. the dawn of a new era

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:49:30AM -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> fond of the concept of stand-alone module packages in general. But the
> fact remains that addon packagers do have to deal with it, and I think
> the community benefits at large if how to deal with stand-alone kernel
> packages equitably became a concern inside Core, so that can we hammer
> out a standard way to do this as part of the the Core development tree
> testing process.

If DKMS gets added to either Core or Extras, then I think it would make
it easier to have addon module packages. Dell has used it in the past to
make ALSA RPMs for 2.4-based Red Hat distributions and that sort of

(I don't think I'll be able to make DKMS packages for Extras or anything
like that right now, however; right now I'm up to my eyeballs in kernel

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn pobox com>