Re: HAL policies for port. music players

On 01/09/2005 11:10:29 AM, David Zeuthen wrote:

    Click
        "You must be root to mount the volume 'Dave's USB key'"
    [grr]
        Password
        Would you also like to automatically allow
        - This user to mount Dave's USB key
        - Any user to mount Dave's USB key
        - This user to mount a USB device
        - Any user to mount a USB device
    [happy]

What might be better than that is by default they mount for anyone, but you can right click to bring up an administrator option of restricting the device.

IE (in my example) iPod mounts first time used, I right click and choose "Mount Options" and can assign who the device can mount for.

I can then specify the permissions/options for future mounting.

Passwd isn't necessarily needed if you only allow members of wheel group to modify mount options for new volumes. That could be a configuration option itself (always require root or allow any admin)