Multiple MySQL servers

Hi all,

we have a Fedora2 box, with MySQL 4.0.x, which came with the distribution. It seems that Fedora spreads MySQL stuff all over the place (for instance all binaries are in /usr/bin/, instead of /usr/local/mysql...). I cannot find my.cnf and mysql.sock as well.

I would like to install MySQL 4.1 alongside the 4.0 and run both. It seems possible, but I cannot (I think) download the RPM as it would replace the 4.0. If I follow the instructions on the MySQL site, I get nowhere. Is there anyone who can point me in some directions?

Thanks!

Cristiano Bianchi
keepthinking ltd