Current cpio broken, mangled initrd

Hi.

Just a head up warning: the cpio version distributed yesterday or today (2.6-1
or 2.6-2, I am not sure about that) has a bug causing automatic dereferencing
of symlinks while packing. This leads to mangled initrd files when new kernels
are installed. My system curses a lot, but boots nonetheless, others may not
be so lucky :)

This does not affect initrd images already created, of course.
Filed in bugzilla.