Re: goals for fc4?

On 17 Jan 2005, at 23:01, Chip Turner wrote:

I don't think it's as clear cut as that.

I'd agree, many High Performance Computing Research Groups are looking at Java these days.

Some recent benchmarks along these lines:

http://www.shudo.net/jit/perf/

(Best taken with the usual benchmark pinch of salt.)

For desktop applications startup times and memory footprints are still a problem, although recent VMs are getting better.

Carwyn