Re: rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Dan Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 15:30 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:

Removed package gv

there are enough alternatives. But e.g. viewing postscript files is a common task and I do not know a program which can replace 'gv'. And games

Um, ggv or gpdf?  or kpd?  or xpdf? I'd personally use ggv, and if that
doesn't work, use xpdf for PDFs.

Furthermore, these are really just leaving Fedora Core, but should still
be in Fedora Extras AFAIK.

Dan

IMO it is a shame to lose gv - gv works much faster with xforwarding over ssh than the "ponderous" ggv.