Re: rawhide report: 20050121 changes

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:41 -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 10:29 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > I'd like to say that was far too slow, and it sounds a little slow,
> > but gedit does take 5 seconds or so to start on my laptop. (P3 1Ghz)
>
> It also seems like he's not running GNOME at all,

I use GNOME all the time, and gedit just took 6s to be usable (counting
from click on 'Text Editor' in the Accessories menu).

This is a Pentium 4 Mobile at 2.8 MHz and 512 MB of RAM (filled at
approximately 75%).

>  so gedit would pull in a lot of GNOME stuff that isn't already loaded.

I don't know if that solves all problems (like disk speed, etc)...

Rui

+ So let's do it...?