Re: rawhide report: 20050121 changes

Le vendredi 21 janvier 2005 Ã 15:40 +0100, Enrico Scholz a Ãcrit :
> peter backlund home se (Peter Backlund) writes:
>
> >> emacs-21.3-20
> >> -------------
> > Any news on the Gtk Emacs front?
>
> I would not spend much energy on such a port.  A Gtk port means AA
> fonts which are really a bad choice for text based applications.

A gtk port means fontconfig and AA ie all the users that do not use pure
american files on a 75dpi screen can get some mileage out of emacs
without ruining their eyes.

fontconfig support is the single reason several people (including me)
dumped emacs/xemacs altogether for vim/gvim recently. I'm amazed someone
can maintain like you that fontconfig is a bad choice for text apps -
surely an app that's devoted to displaying text is *more* sensitive to
the text rendering tech than your average ogg player.

--
Nicolas Mailhot