Re: further package removals/potential package removals

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 13:42 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> If someone fixes it so there's no tradeoff (we can
> get it by default, *and* you can uninstall it),
> then fantastic; of course nobody will object.
>
> A "requires(missingok)" sounds fine to me, but
> the anaconda guys are the ones whose opinion
> counts.

And, of course, there's the ever fun part about if there's anything like
this, then _every time you do an upgrade_, you'll get the package added
back.

At which point, people complain, we turn off the use of the hint on
upgrades and we're back to step1.  Around and around the mulberry bush
we go, where it stops, no one knows.

Jeremy