Re: RFC: Soname in rpm name

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:21:13 +0100, Axel Thimm <Axel Thimm atrpms net> wrote:
> Already posted in different siblings of this thread and implemented at
> ATrpms. Auto-expiring packages that should be disposed of if there is
> no dependency on them should simply provide a fake dependency to hook
> a garbage collector to.

no.. you missed my point... expiring because nothing depends on them
is NOT what im talking about.  I'm talking about expiring a package
because the package author is no longer maintaining that version of
the library regardless of whether an externally built application from
somewhere else are still using that version of the library.  If i
haven't made my point clear enough, I apologize. Your leaf detection
mechanism is not going to address this issue.

-jef