Re: DBUS features

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Havoc Pennington wrote:
On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 10:32 -0700, Trever L. Adams wrote:

What do you all think? Is this possible (I am fairly sure it is)? Is it a good thing... I think so?

I think it's possible and good yes, the key thing though is to get it coded up.

For the first you need either a system daemon that monitors the
utmp/wtmp/lastlog/whatever-it-is or you need each user session to
register somehow with a dbus-specific thing

I already have some code to do this by monitoring both the utmp/wtmp file for console logins and by looking through running processes for GDM sessions since (at least at the time and in this particular environment) GDM wasn't writing out *tmp entries. It was sort of hacked together code and would certainly need some reworking before being put into a finished product, but I do have some familiarity with the problem.

Unfortunately it was for a school research project and I don't know what
the ownership around it would be.  I can investigate if needed.

- Chris