Re: Nvidia packaging in Fedora (Summary)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:

- The -devel package should not install dead links on my system - it
should require Mesa-libGL.

Agreed (or make Mesa-libGL-devel, as you suggest below, but that gets even more convoluted).

- I still say the libGL devel stuff and libGLU should be split from
xorg-x11-devel.

You keep saying that. But, why? There is no other/alternative GL implementation in Core or Extras (Nvidia's doesn't/shouldn't count in this discussion).

On the other hand, I thought one of Mike's original motivations for splitting off Mesa-GL was to allow for drop-in replacements. I'm not sure if there is value anymore in packaging these separately.

-- Rex