Sample initscript/standard

Hi,

I'm trying to fix up a rather messy looking boot sequence in -devel. Some are just noisy packages such as dhcpd that I'll be filing bugs against in bugzilla soon and others just do silly things like print [OK] or do newlines twice, but others are external packages such as amavisd-new which need to be fixed outside of the distribution.

Is there a sample skeleton /etc/init.d/ script anywhere which I can regard as an 'authoritative' script to base work on, and fix up other non-Fedora initscripts from? I had a feeling there was one in /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/ but seems not...

Is there in fact a standard way of writing an initscript file? By looking at some in the init.d directory, it seems like there are a few different 'standards' :(

Thanks,
Reuben