Re: Kernel Modules in Fedora -x

Jesse Keating wrote:

I never understood why we did out of spec modules in RHEL.  It's just
plain stupid, and it didn't work worth a damn.

I thought RHEL made some effort to avoid breaking the 3rd party modules that their customers rely on with every kernel update (and that's probably a very large reason they have customers...) while Linus and fedora refuse to provide a stable interface.

One "bright" idea was
to let Fedora come up with a way to make it better.

You mean - like actually define an interface and stick to it at least through a kernel major revision number?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com