Re: High frequency noise in Fedora 7

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
Did you try to setup ALSA 1.0.14 ?

alsa-utils-1.0.14-0.7.fc8 from Rawhide fixed it.

It is back again. I have tried both the latest Rawhide and Fedora 7
kernels, and the latest Alsa packages. Sometimes the sound completely
disappears when trying to adjust the volume from GNOME.

Please let me know what I need to produce for someone to help solve
this problem.

I'm not completely sure, given your hardware configuration, but a similar behavior occurs with snd_ac97_codec when the module parameter "power_save" is turn on. I'd expect this is an analogous case.

--
  Peter