Re: reducing power usage of Fedora - how you can help!

> 3) Note the results. If you'd like to capture them for safe-keeping
>    later, you can use the (Fedora-specific) '-d' option to dump them
>    to stdout, rather than pasting from the running app.

Erm, is this meant to ouput the results, and then exit?
It doesn't on my box, it seems to act exactly the same as powertop
without -d. powertop-1.7-3.fc7

What about Fedora-specific things powertop complains about, such as
these three?

Suggestion: Disable 'hal' from polling your cdrom with:
hal-disable-polling /dev/scd0        'hal' is the component that
auto-opens a
window if you plug in a CD but disables SATA power saving from kicking

Disable the SE-Alert software by removing the 'setroubleshoot-server'
SE-Alert alerts you about SELinux policy violations, but also
has a bug that wakes it up 10 times per second.

Suggestion: enable AC97 powersave mode by executing the following
   echo 1 > /sys/module/snd_ac97_codec/parameters/power_save
or by passing power_save=1 as module parameter.