Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

On 8/9/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
Hi

Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back to
metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration? That
would get desktop effects out of the box on Intel and some ATI cards.

well I wouldn't suggest this until we have zerocopy tfp and redirected  direct rendering [1]
(people wants to be able to run 3d apps by default).

1:
http://hoegsberg.blogspot.com/2007/08/redirected-direct-rendering.html