Re: Disabling atime

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

http://kerneltrap.org/node/14148

Looks like we get a good performance boost and only tmpwatch and mutt with mbox seems to be affected. A simple patch to tmpwatch has been posted on the same thread.

Thoughts on disabling it?

I'm using noatime on all Ext3 filesystems on a bunch of Fedora 7, CentOS 5 and Ubuntu 7.04 machines - desktops, workstations, VMware guests, servers with a variety of network services.

Zero issues so far.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/