Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

On 8/9/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back to
> metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration? That
> would get desktop effects out of the box on Intel and some ATI cards.
>
> Rahul
>
> --
Last time I checked the default Remote Desktop utility (vino) was
still broken?  Nothing but a frozen screen anyhow.

I use desktop effects as a propaganda piece for Linux, works great!
But even with my newer Intel 965/3000 it's a big sluggish.  A 7900GT
Nvidia puts the hurtin on it though :D

I vote for keeping it super easy to enable, but off.