Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

On 8/10/07, Josh Boyer <jwboyer jdub homelinux org> wrote:
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 03:24:05 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org> wrote:

> Hi
> Have we considered enabling Compiz by default in GNOME and fall back
> to metacity if the driver or hardware don't support acceleration?
> That would get desktop effects out of the box on Intel and some ATI
> cards.

Can you do basic window manager things like make a window always
present on all desktops yet?

yes same as always on top and all this stuff  this was a libwnck limitation  patches where backported in f7 and are now upstream ;)

Last time I tried it, Compiz was great at glitz but sucked as a window

it has improved.

fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list redhat com