Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

Callum Lerwick wrote:
Ever tried using yumex with compiz? It ends up going grey, usually
because I *told* it to do something, and it is *already* indicating its
busyness with a progress meter.
that's yumex's GUI design problem. The GUI shouldn't freeze when the
application is busy. Similar behaviour is found in 'pup'. These are GUI
design issues. If you drag a window on top of it, you'll notice that the
GUI doesn't refresh. These are the cases were compiz (correctly in my
opinion) will grey them out. This is a false behaviour caused by the GUI
designers of those applications, not compiz's fault.
Whatever happened to just switching to a busy pointer shape? THAT would
be consistent with decades old standards of GUI behavior.
exactly that -> "decades old...". Window managers are evolving. We
should explore better ways to interact with the user, though I will
agree with you that overly 'interactive' environments are destructing.
Dismissing anything new isn't the answer.

-Ioannis