Re: Fedora 8 Boot time/shutdown time goal?

On 8/11/07, nodata <lsof nodata co uk> wrote:
Is there a goal for how much quicker Fedora 8 boot and shutdown should
be?

This page doesn't mention it:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBootShutdownSpeedup

I am not sure what the intended goal is either.  I have been playing around
with some settings and currently have my desktop down to 45 seconds.
The real place I am focusing on now is the first 30 seconds which is all within
rc.sysinit.

Jon