Re: Enabling Compiz by default?

søn, 12 08 2007 kl. 09:34 +1000, skrev Dave Airlie:

> 2. Once 1 is solved you get to pick which compositing manager,
> personally I think compiz might be overkill, but if someone were to make
> metacity and compiz work the same for things like keyboard shortcuts
> etc, with compiz having extra ones, so that users wouldn't have
> inconsistent experience when switching between them. And also the
> default compiz would probably need to have a tailored list of plugins.

Many users have grown to like Compiz and expect it as a feature, it's an
active project which has a wide community around it to do
experimentation. None of the alternatives have that. Not going with
Compiz as our compositing manager would likely cost us users and add to
our support burden in that upstream is not nearly as well populated and
active.

- David