Re: Package Management Blows Goats (use cases)

Le mardi 31 juillet 2007 à 10:36 +0100, Richard Hughes a écrit :
> On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 05:18 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 09:51:33AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > > Toby logs into his desktop. A notification area icon with a critical
> > > icon appears in the top right and a libnotify popup tells him there are
> > > 3 three critical security updates. The libnotify popup has three
> >
> > Who is Toby, is he authorised to install updates ?
>
> I figured security updates could be installed by anyone.

No
If you go there you may as well make security updates automatically
installed without any user interaction

If an install/update needs a user intervention it better be a qualified
strongly authenticated user and not the visiting neighbour kid you put
before a computer game so he has something to do while you talk together

--
Nicolas Mailhot