Re: Feature: Fedora Electronic Lab

Andy Green wrote:

This looks like it would be served better as a custom spin of F8.
It's not really a feature so much as a package collection.

Calling it a feature allows us to highlight the focused effort that
has gone into bringing these set of packages into the Fedora
repository. I think that is a good thing to do.

I suppose that is true.  It can be done either (or both!) way.

A problem with the special purpose spin approach is a particular user
might need the focus of two or more spins, then he is back to installing
packages anyway.  Spins are great if there really is one purpose, but
the main effort seems to need to be in the packaging aspect either way,
which Chitlesh seems to have been busy (!) with.

Right but spins are good if you want to promote some aspect of Fedora and get people interested. For a electronics show distributing a spin like this might make sense.

Rahul