Taking over empathy?

According to http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/
OrphanedPackages empathy has been orphaned by David Nielsen (apparently
he forgot to orphan telepathy-mission-control as well, but I asked him to
fix it). I would like to take over this package with Brian Pepple as my
co-maintainer dealing with C stuff (I am not a programmer myself).

There are currently no open bugs against empathy (and only one 244414
against telepathy-mission-control, which IMHO should have been already
closed).

What should I do next (I am maintainer of couple of packages in Fedora so
I have all necessary credentials)?

Matěj